Sunday, November 15, 2009

10.5 hours before starting the rest of my life

In 10.5 hours we will be checking in to Labor & Delivery. That's it - 10.5 hours. At times it can't come soon enough, and others - well, it's just me freaking out about so many different things.

The last few days have been more and more uncomfortable, and I thought for sure we'd have to go to L&D last night, but I decided to wait it out and see. No need to do a false labor check-in at this point. The contractions have become increasingly painful and more frequent, but still not in a timely, consistent fashion.

I think I have vacuumed all the rooms every day for the last 3 days, mopped all the wood floors, re-cleaned the bathrooms, dusted the entire house and checked and re-checked the hospital bag. I even made four bows for Baby R, one of which she'll wear home. Bryon's done a good job as well - the cars' registrations are up-to-date, inspections passed, new tires on my car, and his car cleaned and organized for bringing home baby.

I may have mentioned this before in the past, but as a Type A person who thrives on logistics and planning and coordinating, this has been quite exhausting. Add in the random nerve pain in my right rear cheek and contractions, and it's been quite an experience.

We keep hearing "oh, get ready to never do anything again" and "your life is changing forever" -as if we'll never do what we love to do before baby ever again after baby. But we're going in this as though this is the start of our new life together and can't wait for her to join our adventures. As we keep telling ourselves, she's joining our lives, and we can't wait to share them with her!

5 comments:

Sarah Sherman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah Sherman said...

We are praying that everything that goes smoothly tomorrow with your delivery. I know you guys are so excited to meet her!

Clare said...

so exciting for you...please post the story and pictures when you can!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.