Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Walking into parenthood

Now that I've cleared 37 weeks pregnant and I'm into 38 weeks, we have been trying everything to get things moving along even further. Eating spicy foods, walking, cleaning, etc. - nothing so far. Last week was the first time I actually took a walk around the neighborhood since before bed rest, and man was it weird! To be in my sneakers and moving - getting to do something physical - was exhilarating. Since then, I've walked about five more times with the dogs and Bryon. It's been nice to get out of the house in that way, and I can't help but think of pushing Baby R in a stroller around the block when she's here.

Last night, 2007 Ironman World Champion Chris McCormack was at our local running store to chat about his experiences in triathlon and a little signing. Man I love Aussies! They're care-free attitude - let alone their accents - are so nice to be around! Not only listening to him talk about racing but to be in a running store once again (because why have I needed to since ~April??) made me miss running even more.

On a similar note, I must say I'm shocked in myself that I am missing running. I am not good at running, I've always had a complex about running - but man, I cannot WAIT until I can shuffle my feet faster than a waddle. I have visions of fast times, fast legs and baby weight being lifted off my frame. But let's get serious here; I know that once I do get the opportunity to run I will be huffing and puffing and playing mind games all over again.
Here's to less than 6 days until I get the chance to meet Baby R. Anxiety and anticipation grows!

1 comment:

DebW said...

Prayers for a smooth labor/delivery and much joy as you welcome your daughter into the world.